Thursday, May 29, 2008

AirLift - Bangalore New Airport To Any where in Bangalore @ Rs300


Came to know about this airport transfer service...it would be good for bangalore people...

Here is what they say...

We are starting a Airport Transfer Service for Bangalore. Since the New airport is far from the city and we feel that Airport Transfers will become very expensive for the Passengers and there will be a definite problem to commute to and from the New Airport. We are introducing our service to make airport Transfers less expensive and still provide the required luxury while taking customers to and from the airport. We will pick up the customers from the Airlift pickup points and drop them to the airport and vice versa bring them to the city from the airport.

Unique features of the Airlift Vehicle

· Airlift will be 6 seat air conditioned Toyota Innova. Individual Bucket seats for all 5 passengers.

· Airlift will have a LCD screen on each passenger seat for personalized entertainment system, these screens will show 5 channels with different contents.

· Airlift has ample overhead covered and secured luggage space.

· Airlift will be Wi-Fi enabled for passengers to browse the internet on the screens and as well as with their laptops.

· Airlift will be driven by our Auto Pilots who will be in uniform and well trained to communicate and present themselves to the customers.

· Airlift will also be tracked by GPS system to ensure efficient on time services and tracking every vehicle to make sure of complete security of passengers.

Airlift is being designed to provide complete comfort and help the passenger to use their commuting time productively.

Pricing: We feel that the Normal City Cab from or to the Airport will cost about 750/- to 1000/- one way. Our service has been priced at Rs. 300/- one way and moreover Return journey for to and from the airport will be Rs. 450/- per person. That is nearly 70% saving on the Airport Transfers vis-à-vis a regular City Cab.

How to avail the service:
Book Tickets online on our website www.airliftonline.com through Credit or Debit Card.
Pickup the Prepaid Coupons in any of the Retail Stores and call 9845047788 to make a booking or use the same on www.airliftonline.com


Support:
SMS AIRLIFT to 54545. Our support team will get in touch with you ASAP.
Call our 24/7 call center number 98450 47788 .



Logon to our website www.airliftonline.com for any queries

Zemanta Pixie

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

AIRLIFT SUCKS!!!

Just wanted to share the exp that I had with AirLift... The name of the service should have been Bull**** rather... they have such a pathetic service that I almost missed my flight. First, I booked the cab a week prior to my travel. On the travel day before a few hrs of my flight, I give them a call to confirm. Their phones are forever ringing, no one bothers to pick up... I wonder why they have a ph in place, that too Customer care number... ?? Well, when i finaly got someone online, they say that they never had my booking!.. now after arguing for sometime, I thought it would be better to ask for a remedy. They asked me to book fresh online & they will ensure the cab on time. Now, I do that(biggest mistake)... & also make payment online...! & thats it... theres no news from their side after tht. I try calling again to see whts happening.. & they never answer.... this is heights!!!... I finally book another cab service just 2 hrs before the filght & reach the airport just in time... Im yet to recieve my money back... & theres no conatct number to speak to someone abt this!!! ... SO, PLZ BOOK AIRLFIT AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!... IF POSSIBLE AVOID!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Anonymous..
Very nearly did the same mistake. Called up airlift and after 2 days, someone finally picked up the phone. The instructions to get the cab is too complicated.
Involves going to a Nilgiris and buying a coupon and scratching it to reveal a magic code that should be conveyed to them on the phone.
Not sure what we should do if they dont answer the phone!

Online booking allows registration only. When i tried there was no payment option online due to some maintainence on the site.

Pratik Jadav said...

AirLift Sucks Big Time!

I alongwith a fellow passenger nearly missed my flight because of those lazy bastards. I booked the cab 2 days prior to my flight. I confirm the cab time on the day of travel and when I go to pick-up point, there is no one there! I called them up so many times and finally got the line... & finally, the cab arrived 1.5 hours late than actual time. The cab dropped me at the airport just 5 minutes prior to my flight's departure. I had to request the airline ppl a lot to let me board the flight. Luckily, they agreed. But I am not going for this cab service again in my life. & there is no entertainment system in the cab. GPRS is not yet installed and internet is just a lolipop to lure IT guys. None of the services are operational in the cab. Its just plain old cab. nothing else.
Better to go for the reputed Easy cabs / Meru cabs for relaible transport. Or if possible, get on board the BMTC Volvo. Thats the best transport right now.

Unknown said...

This is a most unreliable service. I booked a cab and was supposed to be picked up at 3.14 a.m. for a 5.45 a.m. flight. Cab never came. I had to find some other transport after waiting till 3.45 a.m. They had told me that the cab and driver details would be SMSed to me an hour before the pickup time. The SMS came at 12.45 p.m.! I am still trying to figure out how to get the money back. They have not even acknowledged my email for refund after four days.

Destined to be Happy!!!! said...

oh yea.. you are guys perfect. this is one of the lousiest cab system i ve ever come across. The process sucks.. i wanted to book a cab for the eve flite and i called up the call cnter they i said need to register in the site and then book for it.. wen i registered, there was a msg sayin their ppl ll call me.. but none of the idiots called me.. so i had to call them again, another rep said, there is no need for regsiteration, jus book it directly.. wen i tried booking, the pickup time dropdown din gv any value, so i had to call them again to find out the site had some problems.. so try after 20 mins.. i tried in another 1hr.. nothin worked. wen i call up they said i need to get a coupon then.. wen i went to nilgris they said, u shld hv come 6hr before the departute time.. DAMN THE AIRLIFT CAB!!!

ChAnDa said...

It's really a pathetic service. I missed my flight due to them and they havent yet refunded me..

sumpit | c1um4n 2008